Patient Insurance Reimbursement
Did you know that you may be able to be reimbursed for your Telemedicine visit by filing a claim with your Health Insurance Company? Many insurance companies are now reimbursing for Telemedicine, and these benefits are outlined in your insurance benefits guide.
To submit a claim for reimbursement, follow the general guidelines below:
- Review your insurance benefits guide to see if your plan covers telemedicine (sometimes referred to as virtual visits). Any additional questions should be directed to your insurance carrier.
- Download your Consult Summary. After your provider has ended and billed for your consult, you will be notified your Consult Summary is available for download. This will be used as your “itemized bill” to send to your insurance carrier.
- Obtain a claim form from your insurance carrier. These are typically available on their website where filing instructions will also be available.
- Complete your claim form, ensuring the information on the claim form is correct and you have entered all of the required information.
- Make copies of your completed claim forms. You never know when you will need them again.
- Submit your claim. Your Health Insurance company may allow you to upload your Consult Summary and manually enter the information on a claim form directly on their website. If this option is not available, make sure to include all the required information in an envelope and mail it to the claims department of your health insurance company. In most cases, the address can be found on the back of your insurance card.
Tip: Direct Health does not guarantee insurance reimbursement. If you are unsure about the status of your telemedicine benefits, you will want to reach out directly to your insurance carrier for additional assistance.